As Azure experts, our team at Prodigy is constantly following emerging technologies and solutions that may benefit our customers. One of those emerging solutions that’s already generated a lot of interest from organizations is Azure VMWare Solution (AVS). AVS is often being considered by enterprises as a potential option for improving disaster recovery, and it’s also being looked at as an easy path for migrating on-premises virtual machines to Azure. The pricing model can also be seen as a convenience since it’s more in line with that of traditional capex, providing some peace of mind for those worried about the dynamic nature of opex.
Here are five technical benefits of Azure VMWare Solution:
- Seamless integration with Azure: The Azure VMware Solution is fully integrated with the Azure platform, which means that organizations can use Azure services and features, such as Azure Monitor and Azure Security Center, to manage and secure their VMware workloads.
- Support for hybrid scenarios: The Azure VMware Solution supports hybrid scenarios, which means that organizations can seamlessly connect their on-premises VMware environments with their Azure-based VMware environments. This can enable organizations to take advantage of the flexibility and scalability of the cloud while also maintaining control over their on-premises infrastructure.
- Full control over the VMware environment: The Azure VMware Solution gives organizations full control over their VMware environments, including the ability to use their own vCenter and NSX instances. This means that organizations can continue to use the same tools and processes that they are familiar with, while also taking advantage of the benefits of the Azure cloud platform.
- High availability: The Azure VMware Solution is designed to provide high availability for VMware workloads, with support for features such as vSphere HA and vSphere DRS. This ensures that VMware workloads are highly available and can recover quickly in the event of a failure.
- Easy to use: The Azure VMware Solution is easy to use, with a simple, intuitive interface that makes it easy to deploy and manage VMware workloads on Azure. This can help organizations to save time and resources and focus on more strategic tasks.